December 18, 2006
School was slowly drawing to an end, making way for the long-awaited holidays.
Only a week.* Meet the New Year, and return to London the following day. Much too soon. On the other hand, it’s probably better that way. There’s nothing festive at home. Dad and Vika are going to the Maldives.
Arkadiy had found about that mere two days before the break.
«Awesome, dad, and what about me?» he asked in annoyance.
Arkadiy never liked talking on the phone with his father. The words always sounded harsher than they did when speaking face-to-face.
«Have fun with friends,» dad replied, copying the irrate tone.
«In Moscow? Thanks.»
«Where d’you wanna go?» dad asked, paying a bit more attention to the conversation.
«The Alps are big. Be specific.»
«I’ll ask Gena and call you back.»
Yeah, the Alps are big. And awesome. I don’t want to go to Moscow, I don’t want anything old and familiar. Only the new, the best, the brightest.
Gena made things clear.
«The French Alps, of course. With the Smolenkiys.»
«With Milana?» Arkadiy asked, just to make sure.
«Family fun. A clan meeting.»
An unplanned clan meeting, awesome.
«Can I join you?»
«Sure! I’ll call dad, tell him you’re coming with us. The Smolenskie always throw a Christmas party on the 25 of December. You’d better think of a present, if you know what I mean.»
All rights reserved. If you want to use any part of the book, please, contact the authors.
Previous episode: 26. Let them resist, I'll get what I want! Like with Novikov.
Next episode is coming soon!
*In Russian schools Christmas holidays aret approximately two weeks. For example, in 2016 they lasted from the 29 of December till the 11 of January.
Contents. Part 1
- 1. Summer in France tastes of freedom. September, UK, dive into school
- 2. Long legs, model walk. Awesome, thanks dad!
- 3. «Have we met before?» «I don’t care. Totally.»
- 4. They’re so different. One’s attractive, the other’s annoying
- 5. Friday evening. Kamila talked about Novikov. All day long
- 6. He was waiting for her. Smolenskaya appeared ten minutes later
- 7. Castle in the air? Can’t she buy it?
- 8. You try on someone else’s life for a second, and then you feel so empty in yours
- 9. Welcome to London, welcome to life. And Smolenskaya, my guide to life
- 10. Novikov, I’m with you now only because we’re a diaspora
- 11. I behave according to my status, Novikov
- 12. So prim and proper, but there’s something in her that I like. What’s that?
- 13. Kamila can be distracted. You know what? I’m gonna help you, bro
- 14. Smolenskaya, Arkadiy Novikov has got serious plans on you!
- 15. Boss in a tee and shorts, testing the limits of her power
- 16. I’d rather give in to the waves than lose a fight with Kamila
- 17. She likes to rule millions and millionaires
- 18. Smolenskaya, you don’t mean what you do
- 19. I’m fifteen and I want my vanilla romance!
- 20. He’s not the man with whom I can cheat on myself
- 21. French manicure, shining diamonds, victory
- 22. At the end of October Smolenskaya changed her status on Facebook
- 23. Flowers? Teddies? Diamonds? What to give her? Fucking trouble!
- 24. Tenth of November, time for decisive actions!
- 25. Milana continued to ignore him, and so did Kamila
- 26. Let them resist, I’ll get what I want! Like with Novikov.
- 27. The Smolenskie are having a Christmas party. You’d better think of a present, if you know what I mean