October 19, 2006
‘What do you mean?’ Kamila asked, surprised.
Lunch. Milana was sitting in front of her, wearing a white T-shirt. White flag?
‘I always mean what I say. He’s yours, if you want,’ Smolenskaya sipped her juice, smiling.
They ordered two identical salads, as always «accidentialy». But the food waited untouched, the talk being much too delicious.
‘Why now?’ Kamila asked, looking attentively at Milana. Where’s the tick?
Smolenskaya shrugged, ‘He’s not my type.’
‘Shaking off your last season’s, Mills? I don’t pick up what is not mine, and I don’t wear pre-owned.’
Fucking plastic bitch. She is so artfully artificial that you never know what she is thinking, feeling, or hiding. A true professional. What’s this generosity with Novikov though?
‘Kamil, it’s cool, we’ve been together for fun,’ Smolenskaya explained.
‘Why aren’t you together now?’
‘Not my type. As I told you.’
Who’s your type then?
Novikov was sitting nearby, eating pizza and gazing at Milana. She’s definitely his type. He doesn’t have eyes for anyone else since the first of September.
‘Was the sex bad?’ Kamila tried to understand the real reason of this strange but beneficial turn.
If it is last-season, it must be of the highest quality.
Milana smiled, ‘It was good. We’re just too different.’
Oh. That’s fine with me.
Smolenskaya stretched out her right hand, her pinkie sticking out hopefully. A pinky promise?
Kamila laughed. Their firendship had always been like that: quarrels-fights-pinkies. Milana was always the one who made the first move. Kamila never said «sorry» on principle, although life without Smolenskaya was pretty colourless.
Hate not being friends with Milana.
Their little fingers entwined. French manicure, shining diamonds, victory. Now it’s time to eat the salad.
©Smolenskaya.Moscow All rights reserved. If you want to use any part of the book, please, contact the authors.
Previous episode: 20. He's not the man with whom I can cheat on myself
Contents. Part 1
- 1. Summer in France tastes of freedom. September, UK, dive into school
- 2. Long legs, model walk. Awesome, thanks dad!
- 3. «Have we met before?» «I don’t care. Totally.»
- 4. They’re so different. One’s attractive, the other’s annoying
- 5. Friday evening. Kamila talked about Novikov. All day long
- 6. He was waiting for her. Smolenskaya appeared ten minutes later
- 7. Castle in the air? Can’t she buy it?
- 8. You try on someone else’s life for a second, and then you feel so empty in yours
- 9. Welcome to London, welcome to life. And Smolenskaya, my guide to life
- 10. Novikov, I’m with you now only because we’re a diaspora
- 11. I behave according to my status, Novikov
- 12. So prim and proper, but there’s something in her that I like. What’s that?
- 13. Kamila can be distracted. You know what? I’m gonna help you, bro
- 14. Smolenskaya, Arkadiy Novikov has got serious plans on you!
- 15. Boss in a tee and shorts, testing the limits of her power
- 16. I’d rather give in to the waves than lose a fight with Kamila
- 17. She likes to rule millions and millionaires
- 18. Smolenskaya, you don’t mean what you do
- 19. I’m fifteen and I want my vanilla romance!
- 20. He’s not the man with whom I can cheat on myself
- 21. French manicure, shining diamonds, victory
- 22. At the end of October Smolenskaya changed her status on Facebook
- 23. Flowers? Teddies? Diamonds? What to give her? Fucking trouble!
- 24. Tenth of November, time for decisive actions!
- 25. Milana continued to ignore him, and so did Kamila
- 26. Let them resist, I’ll get what I want! Like with Novikov.
- 27. The Smolenskie are having a Christmas party. You’d better think of a present, if you know what I mean